The Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I)
The Professional Scrum Master training by Berlin Product People is an official Scrum.org training. PSM I training classes are offered both in English and German.
📅 Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I) — Training Class Schedule
You can book your seat for a training class directly by following the corresponding link in the table below:
|Date||Class and Language||City||Price|
|Sep 17–18, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; Englisch)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Oct 08–09, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Oct 15–16, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German)||Hamburg||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Oct 29-30, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; English)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Nov 04–05, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German)||Leipzig||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Nov 12–13, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Nov 19–20, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; English)||Hamburg||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Nov 27–28, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; English)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Dec 03-04, 2019||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German)||Hamburg||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Dec 10-11, 2019||PSM I Training (German)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
|Dec 17-18, 2019||PSM I Training (English)||Berlin||€1,499 incl. VAT|
The Professional Scrum Master classes include two attempts to accomplish the industry-acknowledged PSM I certification:
“The Professional Scrum Master (TM) level I (PSM I) assessment is available to anyone who wishes to validate his or her depth of knowledge of the PictureScrum framework and its application. Those who pass the assessment will receive the industry-recognized PSM I Certification to demonstrate their fundamental level of Scrum mastery.”
If the procurement process of your organization requires a different purchasing process, please feel free to contact your Professional Scrum Trainer:
Why You Don’t Want to Miss this PSM Class
There are several reasons why you would want to join Stefan’s Professional Scrum Master training:
- All work will be done in small groups
- There are no more than 10 participants
- It is a hands-on, practical learning experience
- Up to two attempts to pass the PSM I certificate included
- 14 PMI PDUs awarded
- Comprehensive course material plus several ebooks to ease the life of a Professional Scrum Master
- You will gain exclusive access to the Hands-on Agile Slack community and continue the exchange with Stefan as a class alumni
- You will also gain preferred access to the tickets of the Agile Camp Berlin 2020
- You will receive a discount for further courses.
Who Shall Attend the PSM I Training?
The training is well suited for aspiring Scrum Masters from all industries. Moreover, the class will address issues that Scrum Masters from fast-growing startups are facing daily:
- Coping with growth
- Ambitious founders
- Emerging, high-risk products
- Being under pressure to meet objectives for the next funding round
- Handling the rapid influx of new team members that need training in agile practices.
Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers will facilitate the class. Stefan has extensive startup experience, is an active contributor to the Berlin agile community, is a licensed Agile Fluency™ facilitator as well as an XSCALE Alliance Business Agility coach.
The training activities will comprise of interactive exploration, discussions, and exercises, for example, based on Liberating Structures, or short teachings. The techniques that you will learn are also immediately applicable after the class in your team environment.
Professional Scrum Master Class (PSM I) Focus
The PSM I training will focus on:
- The Scrum basics: roles, events, artifacts
- The role of the Scrum Master at the team level and in the organization in general
- Scrum values, team building, and self-organization
- Empiricism@work: transparency (and visualization), inspection, and adaptation
- Supporting the Product Owner with, for example, Product Backlog refinement, the Sprint Review, or product discovery
- The importance of “Done.”
- Scrum anti-patterns
- Preparation for the PSM I certification.
What Will You Take Home with You from the PSM I Training?
This Professional Scrum Master class will provide not just the PSM class manual and the PSM I certification code. (Including an additional complimentary code within the first 14 days after the completion of the class if the trainee does not achieve 85% the first time.) Additionally, you will also receive several books and ebooks from Stefan, that provide proven hands-on tactics to excel at your position of Scrum Master.
How to Prepare Yourself for the Professional Scrum Master Class?
You will experience this PSM class even better if you invest a few hours in advance, familiarizing yourself with the following articles, guides, ebooks, and assessments:
- The New, New Product Development Game
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Scrum Guide
- The Scrum Guide Reordered
- The Open Assessments at Scrum.org (PSM, PSPO, PAL, PSD).
(Of course, we will support your preparation efforts by providing access to the before mentioned sources.)
Your Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers
Meet your Professional Scrum Trainer and agile coach Stefan Wolpers. Stefan has more than thirteen years of experience in agile product development. During this time, Stefan has been working as an agile coach, Scrum Master, or Product Owner in different organizations: from startups to a Google subsidiary to corporations.
Stefan is specializing in coaching agile practices for change, for example, agile software development with Scrum, LeSS, Kanban, and Lean Startup, as well as product management. He has served in senior leadership positions several times throughout his career. His agile coaching expertise focuses on scaling product delivery organizations of fast-growing, venture-capital funded startups, and transitioning existing product teams in established enterprise organizations.
Learn more about your Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers.