The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills Training (PSFS)
The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) training by Berlin Product People is a one-day official Scrum.org class for advanced Scrum practitioners and agile coaches, including the industry-acknowledged PSFS certification. PSFS training classes are offered both in English and German.
Our Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills classes include two attempts to accomplish the industry-acknowledged PSFS certification:
“The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ (PSFS) assessment is available to students who have participated in a Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ class. Earning the PSFS assessment means that the certification holder has demonstrated an understanding on how to harness facilitation principles, skills and techniques, and how effective facilitation can help teams move forward toward their desired outcomes. This includes leveraging diverse perspectives within a team while working within different team dynamics to improve collaboration and participatory decision making, whether applied to Scrum events or other interactions.”(Source.)
📅 Please find all of our upcoming Professional Scrum training dates here.
🎓 This class is also available as a private or corporate class. Please consult Training Rates for further information.
If the procurement process of your organization requires a different purchasing process, please feel free to contact your Professional Scrum Trainer:
Who Shall Attend the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills Training?
The PSFS class focuses on advancing the participants’ understanding of facilitation and decision-making practices in general and the mindset needed to become an effective servant leader in particular. The class is hence well-suited for any Scrum team members: from Scrum Masters to Developers to Product Owners, agile coaches, and other Scrum consultants.
Please note that the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills class is not suited for beginners. The PSFS training requires an advanced level of Scrum knowledge from attendees and hands-on experience working with or as a part of a Scrum Teams for at least 6-12 months. Likewise, attending a PSM I or PSM II training class in advance is beneficial, although not mandatory.
PSFS Learning Objectives
The class aims at improving and developing the participants’ facilitation skills for effective collaboration with self-managed teams, namely:
- Explaining the importance of facilitation principles and Scrum Values in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum teams,
- Helping students gain facilitation skills to leverage and focus on the great potential of diverse perspectives within a team while working within different team dynamics,
- Applying facilitation principles and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions,
- Improving team collaboration and participatory decision making using a facilitator stance and toolbox of techniques.
Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers will facilitate the class. Stefan has extensive experience both in startups as well as in stock-listed corporations, is an active contributor to the Berlin agile community, is a licensed Agile Fluency™ facilitator as well as an XSCALE Alliance Business Agility coach.
This PSFS class provides another remarkable milestone for your journey to Professional Scrum. The training activities will comprise of interactive exploration, discussions, and exercises, for example, based on Liberating Structures, or short teachings. The techniques that you will learn are also immediately applicable after the class in your team environment.
What Will You Take Home with You from the PSFS Training?
The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills training will provide not just the PSFS class manual and the PSFS certification code. Additionally, it includes an additional complimentary code within the first 14 days after the completion of the class if the student does not achieve 85% the first time.
Also, students of PSFS classes are eligible to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits. Here, 7 PDUs are available after attending a one-day Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org certification. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online via the PMI website; find instructions here.
Why You Don’t Want to Miss this PSFS Class
There are several reasons beyond the certification why you would want to join Stefan’s Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills training:
- All work will be done in small groups,
- There are no more than 12-16 participants,
- It is a hands-on, practical learning experience,
- Up to two attempts to pass the PSFS certificate included,
- Comprehensive course material plus several ebooks to ease the life of a Professional Scrum practitioner,
- 7 PMI PDUs awarded
- You will gain access to the Hands-on Agile Slack community and continue the exchange with Stefan as a class alumnus,
- You will also gain preferred access to the tickets of the Agile Camp Berlin,
- You will receive a 20 percent discount on all further Professional Scrum courses hosted by Berlin Product People GmbH.
How to Prepare Yourself for the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills Class?
You will experience this PSFS class even better if you invest in familiarizing yourself with some of the following articles, guides, e-books, and open assessments:
- The Suggested Resources for Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™
- The Facilitation Techniques for Scrum Events
- The Five Ways to Build Consensus
- The Trumpeting For all Voices to be Heard with White Elephant – Facilitating for Participation
- The New, New Product Development Game
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Scrum Guide
- The Scrum Guide Reordered
- The Open Assessments at Scrum.org (Scrum Open, Product Owner Open, Agile Leadership Open, Nexus Open).
(Of course, we will support your preparation efforts by providing access to the before-mentioned sources.)
Tools Used in Public Live Virtual Classes
We use Zoom, Mural, and Google Apps in public training classes to ensure the best learning experience. If you are required to use other applications, for example, Microsoft Teams, please reach out to us for other options.
Your Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers
Meet your Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers, who will guide you through the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills classes. Stefan has more than 16 years of experience in agile product development. During this time, Stefan has been working as an agile coach, Scrum Master, or Product Owner in different organizations: from startups to a Google subsidiary to corporations.
Stefan is specializing in coaching agile practices for change, for example, agile software development with Scrum, LeSS, Kanban, and Lean Startup, as well as product management. He has served in senior leadership positions several times throughout his career. His agile coaching expertise focuses on scaling product delivery organizations of fast-growing, venture-capital funded startups, and transitioning existing product teams in established enterprise organizations.
Learn more about your Professional Scrum Trainer Stefan Wolpers.